10 top tips for overcoming wedding nerves
We can all suffer from anxiety when we know our wedding day is approaching. Especially, with all the planning of booking the venue, guests to invite, etc. Both bride and groom can become anxious about the special day. Weddings are one of the most stressful events any of us will ever encounter in our lives. Experts in the field of stress and anxiety, offer the following advice for those of us who suffer from anxiety in the run-up to our big day.
1. In the days before the wedding make sure you take regular exercise.
2. Make sure you get a good night’s sleep, as you want to be fully aware and mindful on this important day.
3. Eat sensibly so you are nourished and ready physically, mentally and spiritually.
4. Make the wedding small, that is, limit the number of guests and visit various venues to ensure you feel comfortable before you choose your venue.
5. If the traditional wedding scenario is giving you unnecessary anxiety, then change certain aspects of the ceremony, whatever, it takes to make you calmer.
6. Remember to breathe through your anxiety, mindfully, being aware of your breath, whether it is on the big day or the run-up to it. It is recommended, that you practice mindful meditation, as that has proved to be of help in stressful times.
7. Also, practice visualisation, imagine yourself on the day feeling relaxed and your partner too, plus everyone else being calm and the event being a great a joy and success.
8. Outwardly, use positive eye contact with all assembled to show you appreciate them being there and that you yourself, are calm and happy.
9. Remember to focus on your partner and recognise that they may be having nerves too.
10. Discuss how you both feel, both on the day and before, so you can both be relaxed inwardly and outwardly. Remember, that most of those assembled, are your good friends and loving family, who are there to support you and get you through the big day.
Weddings are supposed to be the happiest and most memorable day of our lives, with the advice given in this article, hopefully, your big day will be just that. Contact Sweet Gibraltar Weddings today for a free consultation.